Blueberry Banana Bread
This blueberry banana bread is vegan, moist, delicious, and bursting with blueberries! With limited added sugar and oils, this treat satisfies the sweet tooth without the guilt!
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats, blended into flour gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup protein powder or use more flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional, more for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep loaf pan with parchment paper or grease
Make flax egg in a small bowl by combining 1 tbsp of ground flax meal with 2.5 tbsp of warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes
Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and thoroughly mix.
Add in the dry ingredients and combine. Batter should be thick but wet
Fold in the blueberries and walnuts, being careful not to over mix.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with more blueberries and walnuts if desired.
Bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. You may want to cover the bread with foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking to prevent over browning on the top
Let cool, slice, and enjoy!